Home > News content

[viewpoint] the global market is not ready to give up Windows 7 completely at this stage

via:cnBeta.COM     time:2019/9/19 9:30:33     readed:236

Despite the very large risks that continue to be used later, consumers and business users do not seem to have too much power to upgrade. According to the latest research report released in late August by the security manufacturer, Kaspersky,The system is still very popular among consumers, small and medium-sized enterprises and small and micro enterprises.


The anonymous data collected with the user's consent shows that 38% of consumers and microenterprises are still using the Windows 7 system. This percentage is higher in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMB), and 47% of the devices are still running Windows 7 systems. The good news is that Windows 10 is the preferred desktop for everyone. At present,53 per cent of consumers use the Windows 10 system, and the application rate in small-and medium-sized enterprises has reached 55 per cent, compared to only 47 per cent in small and medium-sized enterprises.

And Microsoft's aggressive push to push consumers and business users, many users say will continue to use the Windows 7 system even when it stops. And in the case of an enterprise, Windows 10 is not the only solution, for example, the Korean government says, after stopping the support of the Windows 7 system, it wants to switch to the embrace of the Linux open source community, not the Windows 10 system. Although more money is needed for compatibility improvements and employee training, Linux can help lower costs through software licensing.


In the same way, the Basins and the East-East Somerset Commission said Microsoft's retirement of Windows 7 has forced them to spend a lot of money on the upgrade, as the installation of Windows 10 requires new hardware, and its cost is estimated to be up to £1.5 million.

Microsoft's attempt to convince everyone to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is not as difficult as it seems, because 99% of applications first run on the new operating system. For the remaining 1%, Microsoft provides technical support to ensure that the upgrade goes smoothly.

In any case, the global market is not ready to give up the Windows 7 system at this stage.

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments