Microsoft just pushed 82.0.425.3 preview to the insider testers of dev channel. As the first update of version 82, it did not introduce many new features, but brought many fixes and improvements.First of all, the only new feature worth introducing is the newly added management strategy. When replacing the old data of the classic edge browser with a new version of edge based on the chromium kernel, the strategy removes the browsing data from the edge legacy.
If you are looking forward to more new content, please pay attention to the online discussion activity hosted by edge engineer next week (February 27).
In addition, some reliability improvements have been implemented in the preview of edge dev version 82.0.425.3, covering common problems such as crash, scrolling, address bar, etc
(1) Fix possible crashes when importing favorites from other browsers;
(2) Fix possible crashes when importing settings from other browsers;
(3) Repair possible crash caused by adding items to Favorites through context menu;
(4) Fix possible crashes when using collections;
(5) Repair possible crash when closing user window of favorites;
(6) Fixed possible crash when closing browser;
(7) Fix the problem of using two finger gesture to scroll on the touchpad, which causes the web page to jump to the top or bottom directly on some devices;
(8) Fix the problem that UI operation may fail when trying to install website app or fix it to taskbar;
(9) Fix the problem that the address bar history cannot be cleaned up properly sometimes when the browser is set to clear browsing data when it is closed;
(10) Fix the problem of not being able to log in to some websites when tracking prevention is enabled.
As always, there are still some known problems with the new edge, such as the window may become full black, users who use multiple audio output devices cannot get sound from the edge, users of some security packages may see all tabs fail to load (and display status "access" error message), etc.